After the fall of Zune, iPod turns out to be the only choice of most users in digital market. Released on the same day of the loftily expected iPhone 5, iPod touch 5 soon turned out to be one of the best-selling MP3 players in the market. As the new flagship of Apple iPod, iPod touch 5 sports dual-core A5 processor, 4-inch Retina Display, 5-megapixel rear camera and powerful battery. Therefore, iPod touch 5 is viewed as an ideal entertaining tool for watching videos or enjoying movies.
General speaking, with the help of iOS 6, iPod touch 5 can install various third-party apps to support almost videos of all formats. However, this is not the case for Flash movies. In fact, it is not an easy task to play Flash on iPod touch 5. For one thing, iPod touch 5 has blacklisted Adobe Flash Player in system design as an Apple product; for another, there are no other third-party apps that can flawlessly help users play Flash movie on iPod touch 5. Therefore, users can’t watch Flash with iPod touch 5 until they can convert Flash for iPod touch 5 with a powerful SWF for iPod touch 5 converter. To this extent, two free methods on converting Flash for iPod touch 5 will be covered in this post.
Method One: Convert Flash to MP4
As a powerful multimedia tool, RealPlayer can not only help users to gain access to videos of all formats, but also convert videos at ease. However, since Flash can’t be converted via RealPlayer directly, users must convert the SWF file to a Real Player friendly movie in the first place. Therefore, users need to convert Flash to 3GP and then convert 3GP to MOV.
1. Download and launch Moyea SWF to 3GP Converter, which is provided as a free converter. Open it and then choose “From Folder” option in the drop-down menu of “Browser…” button to import local Flash movie.
2. Click “Export” tab and then set the output file as 3GP video in the drop-down menu of “Style“.
3. Click “Convert” tab to enter into corresponding panel and then start the conversion process with “Play and Capture” and “Finish” buttons in the panel.
4. After the conversion process ends, play the 3GP video with RealPlayer. Then click “RealPlayer” button and choose “RealPlayer Converter…” option in the drop-down menu of “Tools” to enter into RealPlayer Converter panel.
5. After that, set the output file as MP4 video for iPod touch 5 in the drop-down menu of “Converter to” and click “OK” button to finish the process of converting Flash for iPod touch 5.
Method Two: Convert Flash to MOV
While MOV file is supported by iPod touch 5, users may just as well convert Flash to MOV for iPod touch 5. Of course, users can make the conversion an easy task with professional tools like Moyea SWF to MOV Converter. However, to do is for free, users can convert the Flash file to AVI video and then convert AVI video to MOV file for iPod Touch 5.
1. Download and launch SWF Editor, open it and then click “Import…” in the drop-down menu of “File” to input the Flash movie.
2. As the importing process ends, click “File” button and then choose “Export Movie…” in the drop-down menu of “Export” to export the SWF file as AVI video.
3. Download Moyea Video4Web Converter, open it and then click “Add Video Files” in the drop-down menu of “File” to import the AVI video.
4. Set the output video as MOV file for iPod touch 5 in the drop-down menu of “Profile“. Then click “Settings” button to enter into Settings panel where various video parameters are provided. To convert SWF file to a decent iPod Touch movie, set video size as “1136×640”, audio codec as “AAC” and video codec as “H.2640”.
5. After all those steps, click Convert button to finish the process of converting Flash for iPod touch 5.