As one of the most well known video editing tools, Windows Movie Maker has gained a good reputation for years. As a tool installed in Windows systems, Windows Movie Maker is a favored choice for users who want to edit movies. Though small in storage and powerful in function, Windows Movie Maker still brings troubles to users for its compatibility issue.
Among various video files, Windows Movie Maker can only support the input of WMV/AVI/MPEG videos. To edit videos in other formats, users need to convert them to those video files supported by Windows Movie Maker. It is not easy to get a good converter to manage the process and it is even harder to convert SWF files for Windows Movie Maker.
Funny in content and innovative in design, Flash movie is always a good choice for entertainment. However, it is so unique that it can be supported by few converters. For those who want to edit Flash movie with Windows Movie Maker, they are always troubled by getting a good SWF converter. Here this post will present two free methods to convert Flash for Windows Movie Maker.
I. Convert Flash to AVI Video
A feasible way to edit Flash with Windows Movie Maker is to convert the SWF file to AVI video. To do it for free, follow those steps.
1. Download and launch SWF Quicker. Open it, click “File” and choose “Import” option in the drop-down menu to import the Flash movie.
2. When the SWF file is imported, click “File” and choose “Export Movie…” option in the drop-down menu of “Export“.
3. Set the output video as AVI video in the drop-down menu of “Save as type” and then click “OK” button. After that, the SWF file will be converted to AVI video.
4. Open Windows Movie Maker and click “Import video” in the drop-down menu of “Capture Video” to import the converted AVI video. Then users can edit it freely.
SWF Quicker are provided for free for over twenty days, after that users need to pay for it. However, users will get a tremendously larger video files after conversion. An 8M Flash movie will turn out to be a 1.5G AVI video. Also, users may fail to play the AVI video smoothly.
II. Convert Flash to MPEG Video
In order to convert Flash for Windows Movie Maker, users may try to convert Flash to MPEG video with free converters. Follow those steps.
1. Download and launch Moyea SWF to 3GP Converter then click “Browser…” button and choose “From Folder” to import the Flash movie.
2. Click “Export” tab and then set the output video as 3GP video in the drop-down menu of “Style“.
3. Click “Convert” tab and choose “Start and Capture” to start capturing. When the Flash movie ends, click “Finish” button to start the conversion. After that, the SWF file will be converted to 3GP video.
4. Download and launch KM Player. After that convert the 3GP video to MPEG video with KM Player.
5. After conversion, import the MPEG video into Windows Movie Maker.
Free registration code for Moyea SWF to 3GP Converter is available before June 24 as part of Father’s Day Promotion Plan. This method is a free one on the premise that users own the free registration codes. Though quite complicated, this method can help users get MPEG video with good quality.