The US Labor Day is a federal holiday which is celebrated on the first Monday of September. This holiday is generally regarded as a time for barbeques and the end of summer vacation.
The Labor Day became a federal holiday in 1894, but more than thirty states had started celebrating the Labor Day before it become a federal holiday. This holiday is popular than the worldwide International Labour Day holiday in the United States, maybe one of the reasons is that the International Labor Day is associated with the nascent Communist, Syndicalist and Anarchist movements.
Anyway, the Labor Day holiday of 2013 is approaching, and families will get together to see the parade on the streets on enjoy the barbeques in own back-yard, or organizing picnics with friends. It is a good time which is full of happiness and joy. If you are looking for some Labor Day quotes for your e-cards to send to families and friends, this post may be helpful. You can also convert the e-cards to videos and upload the special videos to Youtube to share with your families and friends.
Labor Day Quotes:
1. Heaven is blessed with perfect rest but blessing the blessing of the earth is toil.
2. Work isn’t to make money; you work to justify life.
3. Without labor nothing prospers.
4. Take rest; a field has rested gives a bountiful crop.
5. A man always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
6. God give me work, till my life shall end and life, till my work is done.
7. If all cars in the United States were placed end to end, it would probably be the Labor Day Weekend.
8. Men are made stronger on realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own right arm.
9. I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.
10. All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with the painstaking excellence.
11. Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
12. If a man will not work, he shall not eat.
13. Work is no disgrace; the disgrace is idleness.
14. A man is not paid for having a head and hands, but for using them.
15. Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is the lightning that does the work.
16. Before you reward there must be labor. You plant before you harvest. You sow in tears before you reap joy.
17. The miracle of the seed and the soil is not available by affirmation; it is only available by labor.
18.There is precious little hope to be got out of whatever keeps us industrious, but there is a chance for us whenever we cease work and become stargazers.
19. Man is so made that he can only find relaxation from one kind of labor by taking up another.
20. The reward of a thing well done work, is to have done it.
21. Hard work doesn’t guarantee success, but it improves its chance.
22. Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
23. We must learn to live together as brothers or we are going to perish together as fools.
24. Undoubtedly, a man to labor is to better his condition, but first to better himself.
25. He who labors diligently need never despair; for all things are accomplished by diligence and labor.